Traveling from USA to UK



Hi everyone, this will be my thread where I post all my odd questions about my trip to the UK next year. I am not going as a tourist. Just plopping myself in the United Kingdom and seeing what happens.

Please answer if you have the knowledge. Thank you. More questions to come as I think about them.

Landing in Exeter: I am traveling from Exeter to Plymouth Once I am landed around Noon, what do I need to make sure I have before leaving to Plymouth? (other than my hotel booked and method of traveling to Plymouth mapped out)



Public Transportation: GWR: Must I book in advance or can I walk up and purchase a seat before departure? If I can walk-up, what are my chances of finding a seat? Bicycles: I will be renting bikes. Are the busses and trains equiped to transport bikes? Is there a card I can easily purchase from the Exeter Airport and load money onto for bus trips? -and is it worth it to purchase one for a 3week trip all over the UK? Which companies of busses are connected to each other (i.e. if I purchase a card, is the card readable between say Stage Coach Southwest and Plymouth City Bus?) Roughly, how much money in bills and coins should I have per bus should I use cash? -do busses even accept cash? Do most companies like Falcon, GWR, Megabus accept cash if I am a walk-up?

Taxis: Which taxi services are the best for these cities (and to/from these locations) Exeter Plymouth London Nottingham

Traveling between countries: What do I need to know in terms of paperwork and money when traveling to and from Wales/England/Scotland?

Attire: What type of attire should I wear when I am out and about so as not to attract too much attention? I heard that Jumpers and Leggings are too casual for the culture. Is this true/does it depend which city/town? T-shirts/Jumpers leggings are pretty much my go-to.

Stranded and Need a Place to Sleep In a big city, what are my chances of finding a hostile?

Thank you!
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post